Your TidalWave pump will require periodic cleanings of the cooling screen, rotor and rotor chamber. To inspect:
1. Unlock the latches on both sides of the pre-filter by pulling outward from the pump handle.
2. Remove the cover by rotating a quarter turn while pulling.
3. Remove any debris that may be present.
4. Inspect O-ring and stainless steel screen located behind the impeller.
5. If the impeller is difficult to turn, or feels 'gritty', remove the rotor.
To do so, the rotor must first be unlocked using the built-in wrench located on the bottom of the pre-filter. Slide the impeller wrench behind the impeller and engage two of the locking posts. Push the wrench tightly against the rotor face and rotate counterclockwise one quarter turn. Once unlocked, remove the rotor by pulling the impeller outward from the pump body.
Loose debris can be flushed out with clean water. Often in hard water, debris may appear as a crusty white film. Remove this film using a scrub brush and mild vinegar solution.
Reassemble in the reverse order.
Article Posted: 03/01/2017 09:00:04 AM
We Have The Largest Selection of Pond Supplies and Equipment Available on the Planet
Join the WebbsOnline opt-in newsletter to get email-only special deals regularly. Sign up by clicking the button below.